Saturday 16 July 2011

Lush - Jackie Oates Review

Its taken me a while to get around to reviewing this product, mainly because its taken me a while to get my head around how I feel about it! Firstly I think when buying Jackie Oates, its really important to remember that though it says it can be used as a foundation, this is really down to your personal foundation preferences. The pot says it’s a ‘colour supplement’… along the same lines as a tinted moisturiser, and those who, like myself, prefer full coverage might not get on too well with the product. So I guess that brings me too why I bought it in the first place. I was under no illusions, the sales assistant clarified the finish would be sheer (while I prefer matte) and that the coverage wasn’t great. But I have really pale skin, (I honestly make Casper look tanned), so I struggle to find an exact colour match and most… okay, all of the appeal of Jackie Oates was the colour being a dead ringer for my sheet like complexion.


Before I get going, I just want to say that anyone with oily skin after something quick to put on in the morning - this product isn’t for you. You can put it on, but it’ll come straight back off again. I’d maybe try Benefit’s ’You Rebel’ or Bobbi Brown’s oil free tinted moisturizer for something with a bit more staying power.


First things first, I wasn’t too keen on the packaging and was really unsure how to approach applying it. After toying with the idea of dipping my foundation brush straight in, I decided I wasn’t Vincent Van Gogh and opted for finger application… which I hateeee doing. Though the pot doesn’t seem very hygienic, it’s the perfect size to pop in your bag for touching up throughout the day… and if your planning on wearing this all day, its probably best to take it with you. I found the colour was a 100% colour match for my skin and I really would recommend anyone with dry skin who’s having trouble finding something to suit, give this a try. For me, one of its biggest selling points (aside from the colour) was the oat based formula. A lot of heavy foundations have a tendency to clog up pores and break out oily skin types, but the soothing oats and honey allow the skin to breathe and even improve blemished skin. Another check in the box is being able to mix your own consistency with a moisturiser. Now this is something I haven't really experimented with… mainly because I don’t like tinted moisturisers… or I’ve just never found one I like. There is the possibility that with a really good lightweight liquid based moisturiser this would work for oily skin.

Okay so, in all honesty, the only thing I really liked was the colour. The product is by no means bad, I can think of so many people this would be suited to… I’m just not one of them. :)

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments x