Friday 29 July 2011

A Quick Journey

Whats In:

Jimmy choo - I think I have mentioned before my love of sweet smelling perfumes, I always seem to be drawn to vanillary or fruity based fragrances, but I was wanting something a little bit different and on impulse decided to buy Jimmy Choo’s fragrance by the same name. To start with, the bottle is so simple but really pretty, with a textured glass finish to give it a classic edge. The packaging and appearance was designed by Tamara Mellor, (co-founder of Jimmy Choo shoes) who wanted something appropriate enough to display on a night stand and devoted much of her time to it. Its quite hard to pin point the exact smell, but it’s a lot more floral than I would usually go for. All in all, it is such a lovely and unique smell! Top notes include; Pear Nectar, Sweet Italian Orange and Tiger Orchard. Base notes include, Toffee and Indonesian Patchouli.
£48.50 for 60ml



Out:

Maybelline Falsies Black Drama Mascara -
I’m just going to come right out and say this… DO NOT BUY THIS MASCARA. I’m currently using Maybelline Falsies mascara and in the past I have tried and liked all of the others… so what could go wrong with a super black version?! Well, I couldn’t tell you either, but they’ve got it wrong. So very wrong. The consistency of this mascara is incredibly watery and messy, which may have something to do with the fact that it never seems to dry. An hour after applying a coat I can touch my eyes and find mascara on my hand. Not a good look.
But does it look good? Well… I was once told, more often than not, you have to suffer in order to look good, so I guess if looking good involves looking like a panda with conjunctivitis, Maybelline have hit the nail square on the head. It clumps, it flakes, and it looks terrible. If that wasn’t enough, it is extremely difficult to remove… I quite literally wore through several make up remover wipes trying to get it off.

I’ll admit, one of the main reasons Maybelline are on the naughty step is because in the past, I have been really susceptible to eye infections (normally caused by ‘certain’ products…) and this started it off again. 

But.. at least I know for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments x