Wednesday 19 June 2013

Liquorice and Mint Teapigs Review!



Teapigs
Liquorice & Mint

Today isn’t going to be a productive day. 

I seem to have picked up a throat infection from somewhere so I make no apologies for feeling sorry for myself and staying in bed all day to drink tea. When I’m unwell, tea is literally the only thing that will make me feel better. On a normal day, within the first two minutes of waking up, the kettle is on with me waiting impatiently next to it with a mug in one hand and a spoon in the other. 

A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I where wandering around the isles of the supermarket doing our weekly shop. As we headed to the till, he glanced in the basket at the two things I’d picked up (milk and teabags) and said, ...So basically, as long as you have all the things you need to make a cup of tea, you're okay.’ And I feel this summed me up quite nicely. As long as I can have a cup of tea - nothing else really does matter. 

So on this day when I plan to make it the main focus of my day, I’ll get around to doing a long overdue review of Teapigs that I have been meaning to for quite a while now.


Before I ordered my first box it was the name that intrigued me more than anything else. But it was thanks to Little Blog of Horror’s rave review of them that I decided to give them a try and I couldn’t thank her more for that prompt! 

So, the first thing I love about Tea Pigs? They love their customers! And that is something that is SO apparent on their website, Facebook and Twitter. The website is full of fun facts and honest information about all the different health benefits of each tea. If it’s not a particular ailment fixer or flavour quencher you’re looking for, they also use a fun little ‘Mood-o-Meter’ so you can choose your tea based on your mood! What a magical idea!

For a first time buyer I would really recommend going for one of the 'Mix ’n’ Match' sample packs (priced at £12.50) just so you can really experience as many of the unique teas as possible! I’m sure anyone who has bought Teapigs before will agree, it’s incredibly difficult to choose just one flavour. With the sample pack though, you get a choice of 12 teas and each little box contains 2 tea temples so you can share the experience or make use of the website tips on how best to enjoy them.


When you first pull the tea out of the box, you can tell it's going to be something special. The tea itself comes in a beautiful silk pyramid that is fascinating just to look at! Full of different herbs and spices the aroma of each tea is something to write home about, (and I'm pretty sure I did at one point).


However, there was one tea that stood out from all the others for me and that was the Liquorice and Mint flavour. The first time I tasted it I couldn’t actually believe how ANY kind of tea could be that delicious without adding a single dash of milk or spoon of honey. It is incredible! I just want to say that I am not the biggest fan of liquorice but this is so different. The initial taste is mildly minty with a diluted kind of sweetness that’s really refreshing, but the biggest joy of all is the after taste. You get a lovely, comforting, tangy after taste of mildly sweet liquorice that hangs around your taste buds for a while afterwards. Amazing.


Teapigs have something for everyone and admittedly, some of the flavours are a little bit out there and sound like they shouldn't work, but I would urge anyone not to let a flavour put you off because you just might be surprised! Ranging from detox and caffeine free to daytime and guilt free treats they have a tea to suit every need!

Erin xx

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better now! I love teapigs, they do an amazing chai tea and the jasmine is lovely too! :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely a tea person as well. It never fails to make me feel better :) I've always wanted to try Teapigs, and now I want to try it ever more! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments x