Thursday 8 August 2013

Ricotta Beef Burger Recipe

Hello again!

I love getting inspired by new new recipes and this one came as such a surprise to me. I have never tried any of Nigel Slater's recipes before but after watching him make this on Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day, I was seriously impressed with the creativity and versatility of these Ricotta Beef Burgers. The ingredients below will make about 8-10 burgers but this does depend on how big you like your burger!

The burgers do have a tendency to flake and fall apart in the pan but don't worry, this is normal! Just shape them the best you can and I promise the outcome will be a total reward! 



What Will I Need?

500g of Minced Beef
250g of Ricotta
3 tbs of Capers (optional)
A Bunch of Spring Onion - Finely Chopped
Salt & Pepper to Season

What do I do now?!

1> Break up the minced beef into a large bowl using your hands or a wooden spoon. 

2> Add the ricotta, spring onion and capers (if using), then season generously with salt and pepper.Mix well until you have a smooth, pink mixture. 

3> Now for the messy bit! Take a handful of the mixture and shape them into patties. I found making small, thick burgers (about 2-3cm deep) helped them stay together in the pan. 

4> You can grill or fry the patties but I found frying a lot easier to manage if bits do start to flake off! To do this, heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the burger for about 10 minutes, flipping them over as necessary.  

...And of course, you can serve them however the heck you like!

1 comment:

  1. Im so hungry now omggg.
    mind checking out my blog?
    idkmatilda.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments x