Saturday 12 October 2013

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Review!



Before I get into this review, I just wanted to say sorry for my absence. It really has been a while since I last posted and that is for quite a few reasons! I'll try not to bore you with the details but the main reason is down to the fact that I recently got a new job and was travelling to Cardiff to work as well a juggling my old job. So I'm now happily settled into my new position and hopefully on my lovely days off I can get more organised on my blog! So without further a-do... 

I like to think I do my best to write honest reviews, the kind of reviews I would want to read because like many of you I research into products before I decide whether I’m going to part with my money. But there is the occasional time when I have an Aladdin moment and turn into Abu in the cave of wonders. And by that I mean starring starry eyed at a product I know has a bad reputation, ignoring this and buying it anyway. 

For me, that product has been the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Foundation. A lot of the reviews out there are incredibly mixed, but almost every person who has taken the time to review this foundation has advised oily skin types to steer clear as it causes breakouts and excess oil throughout the day. But as you have probably guessed by now, I went ahead and bought it anyway!

Bobbi Brown Long-wear Foundation  £30
 Bobbi Brown offer an amazing 18 skin shades, the lightest being Porcelain which I decided to go for. The packaging, as always with Bobbi Brown, is immaculate! The box is an unmistakable shiny black with clear white writing and the bottle is a lovely thick glass which displays the product inside beautifully. 


The product itself is a slightly more creamy consistency than most of its competitors but dispenses cleanly from the pump without any excess spillages. It blended really beautifully into my skin and the shade was an exact match for my skin tone which in itself is something I want to sing from the rooftops. 


Another great thing I found? It smells divine! I know a few people can be put off by scented products because after all, everyone has different ideas of what smells nice but I really did like this smell. It is clean and maybe ever so slightly floral but it does fade so don’t let that worry you! 


So, in terms of how wearable Bobbi Brown Long Wear Foundation is for different skin types, I would say if you have oily skin your going to struggle and it really breaks my heart to say it! It didn’t last very long on my face at all and I found I was constantly trying to blot patches with powder throughout the day. On the plus side, if you are someone who likes a light coverage and a bit more moisture to your foundation, this is the one for you! 


Erin xx

1 comment:

  1. Really informative and helpful review; I especially like the sound of the scent and that this has more moisture. And congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments x